Re: bending the rules?? Tuttle, Marcia 08 Oct 1996 09:55 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 15:36:42 EST
From: CFTREMPE@hawk.syr.edu
Subject: Re: bending the rules?? (Joy A. Kingsolver)

We have occasionally done this:  when one issue is ordered for
reserve or some other special purpose; or when one issue is ordered
that has a theme title.  Generally we do this for titles for which we
do not have current subscriptions; however, if the need arises, we
will do this even for issues of titles on subscription.  Generally,
we do local NOTIS records and would not input on OCLC.

> Date sent:      Tue, 8 Oct 1996 12:02:03 -0400
> Send reply to:  "SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum"
>                 <SERIALST@UVMVM.UVM.EDU>
> Subject:        bending the rules?? (Joy A. Kingsolver)
> To:             Multiple recipients of list SERIALST <SERIALST@UVMVM.UVM.EDU>

Charles F. Tremper
Head, Serials Unit and Serials Catalogue Libn.
Bibliographic Services Dept.
Syracuse University Library
Syracuse, N.Y.  13244
telephone:  (315) 443-9775