Re: Financial World (Deborah Harrell) Marcia Tuttle 10 Oct 1996 12:36 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 08:31:42 -0400
From: Deborah Harrell <dharrell@WESTGA.EDU>
Subject: Re: Financial World (Jeanette Skwor)

Although we, too, are currently receiving Financial World with no
problems, we have had numerous problems with other publications,
primarily those subscriptions handled by Neodata.  Usually they just
ignore any and all requests for service.  Specifically, Mademoiselle has
been a real problem this year.  Two years ago we paid for a three-year
subscription.  They accepted it and sent a notice saying our expiration
would be July 1997.  Then in January 1996 they stopped sending issues.
It took several copies of the cancelled check as well as copies of their
notices to convince them they were in error.  We still don't have the
first half of the year's issues, but at least current issues are coming
again.

This is just a popular title.  So missing issues are no *big deal*.  But
we also have had problems with refereed journals.  And when they just
extend our expiration with them we are not happy campers!

Thanks.

Debbie Harrell
Ingram Library, State University of West Georgia
phone: 770-836-6498
fax: 770-836-6626