Re: Gifts Donna Packer 14 Nov 1996 17:16 UTC

I think a "professional" message is one which succinctly conveys a clear
message to its intended audience.  Sometimes library jargon sends the
clearest message to library staff, other times just plain English is
best.  Particularly in a case like this, with a small defined audience,
whatever is meaningful to you all in your particular library context is
the right - and professional - thing to say.

                                - Donna Packer
                                  Head of Access Services
                                  WWU Libraries
                                  d3737@HENSON.CC.WWU.EDU