Newspapers online (Robin Hutchinson) Marcia Tuttle 22 Nov 1996 15:09 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 09:58:10 EST
From: Robin Hutchinson <RHUT@MUSIC.STLAWU.EDU>
Subject: newspapers online

For a collection development initiative, I would like to find out about
services that offer groups of full-text newspapers with backfiles. I am
interested in major US papers and some foreign english-language titles.
One of the things we would like to do is give our patrons access to
articles that they might find in Newspaper Abstracts (for instance.)
I already know about:-
-Newsbank products
-Lexis-Nexis
-DataTimes (Firstsearch)
Can anyone recommend other services that can be networked and would be
good for end-user seaching?
Thanks in advance!

Robin Hutchinson
Owen D. Young Library