Renewal notices (2 messages) Birdie MacLennan 03 Dec 1996 19:10 UTC

2 messages, 48 lines:

(1)----------------------
Date:         Tue, 3 Dec 1996 10:11:00 CST
From:         Ginny Pinkerton <PINKERTON@LIBRARY.UTA.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Renewal notices

Steve,

Mary Ann Liebert was getting me worried too, but today I received a
note in a renewal notice asking us to make sure our address included
a complete street address OR post office box number.

 It showed as an example of the "wrong way" a university address with
neither a street address nor a box number.  I think this is a more
accurate interpretation, the reason being they need one or the other
for their barcode and their automated equipment.

As for your first question, if you find a way, let me know.  I'm
still digging my way out from under the mail.

Ginny
Acq/Serials
University of Texas at Arlington Libraries

(2)-----------------------
Date:         Tue, 3 Dec 1996 10:35:46 CST
From:         Connie Foster <RFOSTERC@WKYUVM.WKU.EDU>

Steve,
We too get umpteen renewal notices and what's additionally irritating,
telephone calls. The callers even sound "miffed" when I say that our
renewal is handled through and agency and that we're paid through x date.
It is astounding the waste that accumulates through these multiple mailings.

We have to have a street address also, especially for fed-ex. Our university
has 1 Big Red Way and used to have another number/street until we held a
contest! Anyway, it does seem that a street number and name is very much
preferred and "required" but not really enforceable, as of yet. The campus
office still focuses on buildings after the generic street address.
What's even harder is squeezing everything into 4 lines.

Connie Foster
Western Kentucky University