Renewal notices, USPS regulations, etc. Albert Henderson 06 Dec 1996 02:46 UTC

Steve Murden, INTERNET:SMURDEN@GEMS.VCU.EDU wrote:
> I guess that means that we're not one of the ones that contributed.
> Typical.  And if I try to explain this to our PO, they'll look at me as
> though I grew a second head.

They are right. The campus mail system is "a second head." The library
doesn't need the campus mail for periodicals, catalogs, etc. The USPS
will deliver to your street address because you paid the publishers for
delivery to your library.

Why not give publishers your street address and get your money's worth?
If that creates some redundencies in the mailroom, claim the savings
for the library.  You probably could use the money in support of
instruction and research.

Albert Henderson, Editor, PUBLISHING RESEARCH QUARTERLY
 <70244.1532@COMPUSERVE.COM>