Re: Current Contents on the Web? (3 messages) Birdie MacLennan 06 Dec 1996 03:23 UTC

3 messages, 65 lines:

(1)------------------------
Date:         Thu, 5 Dec 1996 16:40:52 -0500
From:         Liz Linton <melinton@ALISON.SBC.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Current Contents on Web?

Anne Frohlich wrote:

> Is there a Web version of Current Contents: Agriculture, biology &
> environmental sciences?  If so, cost?

They seem to be taking their time getting webbed. Here is an address for
the ad for their future web effort:

http://www.isinet.com/cctest/ccweb.html

We'd really love it if they would get this thing running too, but I
think their time table is mid-1997 at the earliest.
--
Liz Linton
Serials Librarian

melinton@alison.sbc.edu
804-381-6315
http://www.cochran.sbc.edu/GOS/GOS.html

(2)------------------------
Date:         Thu, 5 Dec 1996 16:42:11 -0800
From:         Carlene Aro <aroc@MG.SDSTATE.EDU>

Yes, Current Contents is avilable through the WWW. We get access to all
the available files though our local consortium, MINITEX, for a cost of
$15,000. Yes, that is a great deal of money, but it is unrestricted
access for our campus, and our faculty are very satisfied with this
service.

You can contact ISI at 1-800-336-4474. I know that they can help you.

Sincerely,

Carlene Aro
Serials Librarian
H.M. Briggs Library
South Dakota State University

aroc@mg.sdstate.edu

Date:         Thu, 5 Dec 1996 16:07:20 -0500
From:         "Constance J. Britton" <britton.4@OSU.EDU>

I just received some advertising from ISI in the mail today
which indicates that CC on the Web will be available in
mid-1997.

Connie Britton
Librarian
Ohio Agricultural Research & Development Center
The Ohio State University