Re: vandalism in periodicals stacks Freya Anderson 13 Jan 1997 19:45 UTC

Emma-
I have no statistics to back me up, but it seems logical that there would
be more vandalism from open stacks than closed.  We have open stacks and
experience articles cut from journals much more frequently than I would
like.  It seems to me that there is a give and take.  With open stacks,
you lose more on vandalism, but you also don't have the cost of student
assistants to handle requests.  In our case, I think the students would
cost more.

Freya Anderson
University of Alaska Anchorage
Consortium Library