Re: Bulletin of Hispanic Studies (Regina Reynolds) Marcia Tuttle 20 Feb 1997 20:08 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 11:06:19 -0500
From: Regina Reynolds <rrey@LOC.GOV>
Subject: Re: Bulletin of Hispanic Studies

Whew!  I am quite relieved that the legal wrangling about Bulletin of
Hispanic Studies appears to be over and that the ISSN issue can now be
resolved.  I have found it very troubling, and I know that the UK ISSN
center has also, that the ISSN was caught up in the other unsettled
aspects of this situation.  Understandably, the  UK had told NSDP in a
communication about the dilemma of the two publications that "we
feel that until the legal situation is resolved, we are not in a position
to decide which versions should carry a new ISSN and which should retain
the original."

I believe that Sally Strutt, head of ISSN UK, monitors this list but I am
also forwarding copies of the messages about Bulletin of Hispanic
Studies to her  with a request that the UK center make a determination
about the ISSN and post the information to the list (or to me to post).

Regina  R. Reynolds                     email: rrey@loc.gov
Head, National Serials Data Program     voice: (202) 707-6379
Library of Congress                     fax    (202) 707-6333
101 Independence Avenue, S.E.           ISSN Web page: lcweb.loc.gov/issn/
Washington, D.C. 20540-4160