Re: <title change?> Horticulure (Gregory Szczyrbak) (fwd) Marcia Tuttle 26 Feb 1997 13:11 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 15:49:25 EST
From: Lynne Stevens <lstevens@MAIN.RMWC.EDU>
Subject: Re: <title change?> Horticulure (Gregory Szczyrbak)

On Feb 19 Gregory Szczyrbak wrote:

> Subject: <title change?> Horticulure
>
>         Starting with the 1997 issues Horticulure (ISSN 0018-5329) changed
> its subtitle from "the magazine of American Gardening" to "the art of
> American Gardening".  Is this considered a title change?  Also they
> changed the volume numbering.  The 1996 issues were numbered volume 74.
> The 1997 issues are numbered volume 94.
>         If anyone has an information regarding these changes, please post
> to the list.  Thanks.

I don't know whether the subtitle change constitutes a title change
or not, but I do know about the volume change, 'cause I called the
publisher.  They decided that they would make this year volume 94
because it's their 94th year of publishing, so:
       v. 74 (1996) is immediately followed by v. 94 (1997).
No change in pub pattern, thank goodness..

Lynne N. Stevens
Lipscomb Library
Randolph-Macon Woman's College
Lynchburg VA  24503