Binding Incomplete Volumes (Valerie Adams) Marcia Tuttle 28 Feb 1997 20:42 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 15:20:05 -0500
From: Valarie Adams <Valarie-Adams@UTC.EDU>
Subject: Binding Incomplete Volumes

Hello:

I would like to know if any of you bind incomplete periodical volumes.
Since the price of obtaining missing issues sometimes costs more than
the yearly subscription price, we are rethinking our policy on binding
only complete volumes.  If we cannot bind a complete volume then we send
the scattered issues (with the call number written on an Avery label) to
be shelved with bound periodicals where they eventually truly become
scattered.  If you do bind incomplete volumes, how do you note this on
the volume and your holdings records?  Thanks in advance for any
suggestions.

Valarie Adams
Serial Records Librarian
The Lupton  Library
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
valarie-adams@utc.edu