Re: Community College Journal, vol. 66 (2 messages) Birdie MacLennan 06 Feb 1997 14:59 UTC

2 messages, 44 lines:

(1)-------------------------
Date:         Wed, 5 Feb 1997 16:45:32 -0500
From:         Saretta Burke <sburke@OWENS.CC.OH.US>
Subject:      Community College Journal [v.66,#1]

Dear Francesca,

UMI sent us microfiche for the offending  issue with a little note
indicating the issue had been mislabeled.  They didn't even have a
note indicating what the wrong issue # was so it was entered on our
microfiche record simply as v.66, #1.  We do not bind, so I can't tell
you what we would be doing, but I can give my opinion.  Since the
Journal continued on with the correct numbering for issue #2 and so
forth, I would consider labeling the bound volume simply "v. 66
1995/96". ( We did not put issue numbers on the spines of bound issues
even when we bound.)

Anyone can make a mistake occasionally, only the best of us can admit
it and continue on with our heads high.

Saretta K. Burke
Owens Community College Library
POBox 10.000
Toledo, OH  43699=1947
voice: 419-661-7221
fax: 419-661-7590
e-mail: sburke@owens.cc.oh.us

(2)-------------------------
Date:         Thu, 6 Feb 1997 09:07:00 -0500
From:         Judy Haven <HAVENJU@HUGSE1.HARVARD.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Community College Journal, vol. 66

Francesca, we also receive this title.  I was also unsure about volume 66.
I sent a claim through EBSCONET. On the claim checker from the publisher
reply was noted that vol.66:no.1 was printed as vol.65:no.7.  I hope this
information helps you.

Judy Haven
Monroe C. Gutman Library
havenju@hugse1.harvard.edu