ALCTS SS RLDG Midwinter meeting (Sandy Heft) Marcia Tuttle 10 Feb 1997 13:14 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 1997 13:27:52 -0800
From: Sandy Heft <sandyh@CCO.CALTECH.EDU>
Subject: ALCTS SS RLDG Midwinter meeting

ALCTS SERIALS SECTION:
RESEARCH LIBRARIES DISCUSSION GROUP
Saturday, February 15, 1997
Grand Hyatt Hotel Independence B, C
9:30AM

????????????????????THE WEB AGAIN????????????

The Web is here to stay.  How are YOU using it for serials work?

Come join us for a lively discussion on ways we have incorporated the
Internet and the WWW into our daily serials work:  acquisitions,
cataloging, checkin, and claiming.  And don't forget those pesky
electronic journals!!!

Topics will include:
        1       Have you changed/increased staff responsibilities to take
advantage of the wealth of journal information now available online?
COME TELL US HOW.

        2       How are you using vendor/publisher Web pages to track late
and missing issues?  Who does this?

        3       Are you using email to keep in touch with your customer
service reps?  How and for what issues?

        4       Title change?  Dead journal?
        With more and more library catalogs on the Internet, it's a lot
easier to see what others have fund out about a journal that hasn't
arrived in awhile.  Are you using these catalogs for anything else?

        5       Listservs:  Are they great or what?
        I know I get a lot of great info by monitoring ACQNET, SERIALST,
and others.  How are you using these lists?  Do support staff subscribe
to these (or others) in your library?  How is it working out?

COME SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT THESE AND OTHER SERIALS RELATED ISSUES WITH
THE SS RESEARCH LIBRARIES DISCUSSION GROUP.  THIS IS YOUR GROUP.  WE WANT
TO HEAR FROM YOU!!

Saturday, February 15, 1997
Grand Hyatt Hotel Independence B, C
9:30AM

For further information OR TO SUGGEST ADDITIONAL TOPICS, please contact
Sandy or Anne.  See you in DC.

Sandy Heft, Chair                       Anne McKee, Vice-Chair
Caltech Library System                  Blackwell North America
California Institute of Technology      MCKEE@bnamf.blackwell.com
Pasadena, CA 91125
sandyh@cco.caltech.edu