Spine Labels of Bound Volumes (J.H.M. Houtkamp) Marcia Tuttle 14 Feb 1997 21:17 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 07:25:34 CET
From: J.H.M. Houtkamp <JHM.Houtkamp@UBVU.VU.NL>
To: SEREDIT@uvmvm.uvm.edu
Subject: Re: sp.lab.ofboundvols... (Suzanne Costello et al.)

The original question was about what to put on the spine of the bound vol.

What I would be interested in, however, is: what do you do with this
information in the bibliographic description, particularly the field for
numbering.
Do you regard this "restart" as a break, resulting in: Vol. 1 (..)-vol. 49
(1994) ; vol. 48 (1995)-..., with a note explaining this?
Or is it disregarded, or ...?

And if anyone could remember an example by title, I would be grateful (we're
collecting number field-oddities).

Thanks.

  JHM.Houtkamp@ubvu.vu.nl
     tel. 020-4445152