Re: Serials and Interlibrary Loan (Teri M. Vogel) Marcia Tuttle 03 Mar 1997 18:20 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 08:46:41 -0400
From: Teri M. Vogel <vogel_tm@MERCER.EDU>
Subject: Re: Serials and Interlibrary Loan (Ingrid Grimes Moss)

> This question may be more appropriate for an Interlibrary Loan listserv,
> but since I don't belong to one, I am going to try asking it here.  I am
> in charge of both serials and interlibrary loan in our college library.
> We have an account, but are not currently hooked into OCLC, and I don't
> know when we will be.  Thus far, I have been relying on online catalogs of
> other libraries for holdings information for periodicals and books.  This
> is extremely time-consuming.  Are there any other online union catalogs,
> bibliographies, etc. for locating serials holdings of other libraries
> other than OCLC?  We are located in the southeast, and are members of
> SOLINET.  Thanks for any information you can provide!
>
> Ingrid G. Moss
> Peace College
> imoss@peace.edu

Ingrid,
        Can you get access to Galileo?  If so, you can access GOLD
(Georgia's Union List).  You might also want to contact Solinet to see if
they can offer you other options.

                           | Voice:  770.986.3276   Fax:  770.986.3270
 Teri M. Vogel             | E-Mail: vogel_tm@macon2.mercer.edu
 Periodicals Supervisor    | http://www.mercer.edu/www/swilley/dupmain.htm
 Mercer University Atlanta |   -->> Serials Duplicate Exchange Page <<--
 3001 Mercer University Dr |
 Atlanta, GA  30341        | This Week's Film: The Empire Strikes Back (SE)