Re: Core lists for journals in biology and chemistry (Di Neumeister) Ann Ercelawn 11 Mar 1997 16:41 UTC

Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 09:18:45 -0600
From: Di Neumeister <drneumei@LCAC1.LORAS.EDU>
Subject: Re: Core lists for journals in biology and chemistry (Janie Branham)

I'm rather surprised no one else has suggested this:

If your chemistry program is accredited and doesn't want to lose
accreditation, the American Chemical Society requires the library to have
subscriptions to a certain number of journals from its list of core
journals.  The requirements vary based on the size of the institution,
etc., so you'll need to get the information from the ACS (your chemistry
professors may be able to help) -- I think ACS has a publication
explaining requirements in detail.

I believe there may be something similar for Biology.

Di Neumeister
Serials Asst.
Wahlert Memorial Library
Loras College