Re: Faxon Pricing (Jeanette Skwor) Ann Ercelawn 13 Mar 1997 14:19 UTC

Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 13:15:57 -0600
From: Jeanette Skwor <SKWORJ@GBMS01.UWGB.EDU>
Subject: Re: Faxon Pricing (Marie Murphy)

***I am responding to the list, and CCing Marie, because I'd like to hear
what other Faxon clients are saying/doing, and am thinking others would
also.  If you feel uncomfortable posting your info to Serialst, I would
appreciate being CCed.

***We received a mailed "Announcement" from Faxon in October, saying that
they had
         "instituted a Net Publisher Policy that assesses a nominal
         fee of $5 [Jeanette's note: not $7] to every non-discounted
         title."

***I've heard nothing since; if they have begun including it, it's news to
me.

***I also called Faxon on October 21 (after receiving the announcement) and
requested a list of titles affected, and have not yet received that list.

Jeanette L. Skwor                              ((())
Cofrin Library, Serials Dept.               ((((((()))
University of Wisconsin-Green Bay          (( -  ~ - ))
5420 Nicolet Drive                        ((  o    o  ))
Green Bay, WI  54311-7001                ((((    |   ))))
(414) 465-2670                            (((   -=-  )))
skworj@uwgb.edu                                \   /
                                               /   \

             "Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers."
                                        --Tennyson