Duplicate runs of paper and microforms (2 messages) Birdie MacLennan 03 Apr 1997 15:03 UTC

2 messages, 40 lines:

(1)-------------------------
Date:         Wed, 2 Apr 1997 13:18:01 -0800
From:         Carol Morse <MorsCa@WWC.EDU>
Subject:      Duplicate runs of paper and microforms -Reply

We keep the currant 5 years of the paper that we back up with
microforms, and discard the 6th year back.  It works well for us.  There
are a few high-use titles that we keep, however.  We do not officially
add those volumes to the collection in our records, since the mforms are
counted.

We have cancelled a few titles, both paper and mforms, in favor of
full-text, especially low-use or journals that are not core.

Carol Morse

Carol Morse                                        Tel: 509) 527-2684
Serials Librarian                                 Fax: 509) 527-2001
Walla Walla Colllege Library            Email: morsca@wwc.edu

(2)------------------------
Date:         Thu, 3 Apr 1997 08:36:47 -0500
From:         Saretta Burke <sburke@OWENS.CC.OH.US>
Subject:      Re: Duplicate runs of paper and microforms

please include our Community College library when you send a summary
to the responses.  Thanx.

Saretta K. Burke
Owens Community College Library
POBox 10.000