Discarding hardbound volumes? Dena Lahue 07 Apr 1997 15:15 UTC

Carol Morse wrote:
>>We keep the currant 5 years of the paper that we back up with
>>microforms, and discard the 6th year back.

Andrew E. Leonhart replied:
>Do you discard hardbound volumes?  I have decided to keep only the previous
>two years of Nursing Times since we have it on microfilm.  However several
>years of the older Nursing Times are bound and one of our staff believes I
>should never discard bound volumes.
>
>Andrew E. Leonhart
>Mabee Library
>MidAmerica Nazarene College
>2030 E. College Way
>Olathe, KS 66062
>
>(913) 782-3750 x162
>(913) 791-3285 (fax)
>aleonhar@manc.edu

======== Fwd by: Dena Lahue ========
Andrew, we have only discarded hardbound volumes when we have discarded a
complete title run, usually something that no longer supports the
curriculum.  We have occasionally gotten hardbound volumes on duplicate
exchange which are either in better shape or more complete than some of our
existing volumes, at which point we discard the incomplete copy.

Dena Lahue
Gus Nichols Library
Faulkner University
Montgomery, AL