ALA Program: The Latest Fashion in Catalogs, But Does It Fit? , (Martin Kurth) Marcia Tuttle 19 Jun 1997 19:16 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 13:47:46 CST
From: Martin Kurth <m8k@GML.LIB.UWM.EDU>
Subject: ALA Program: The Latest Fashion in Catalogs, But Does It Fit?

ALA ANNUAL CONFERENCE PROGRAM

"The Latest Fashion in Catalogs, But Does It Fit?"

Sponsored by:
RUSA MOPSS Catalog Use Committee
ALCTS Catalog Form and Function Committee
LITA Online Catalog Interest Group

Sunday, June 29, 1997
9:30 am to 12:30 pm
Sheraton Palace Hotel, Ralston Room

Increasingly, libraries are migrating to Web-based catalogs.  This
is the latest fashion.  Our program will examine the ways in which
our online catalogs fit our institutions, our libraries, and our
patrons. How do we get complex system functionality and easily
understood public displays?  Each of our presenters will address the
issues from their own research or perspective.  This program was
designed to reach both public and academic librarians in public
services and technical services.

Moderator:
Barbara Tillett, Chief, Cataloging Policy and Support Office,
Library of Congress

Speakers:
Carol A. Hert, Assistant Professor, School of Library and
Information Science, Indiana University

Christine Borgman, Professor and Chair, Dept. of Library and
Information Science, UCLA

Clifford Lynch, Director of Library Automation, University of
California

Diane Hillmann, Unit Head, Technical Services Support, Cornell
University

Program Chair:
Jon E. Cawthorne, Chair, RUSA MOPSS Catalog Use Committee