DRA Serials Module Questions (Kira Haimovsky) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 06 Jun 1997 17:39 UTC

Date: Fri, 06 Jun 1997 11:06:36 -0400
From: UL_HAIMOVSKY@RHODA.FORDHAM.EDU
Subject: DRA serials module

Hello,
My question is to the users of DRA integrated system and its serials module.
We still have our serials (annuals, irregulars, etc) checked-in manually in
Kardex, and we are planning now to convert these records to DRA. Many of
these serials are reference type material, when latest vol/ed kept in Reference
Dept. and earlier vols/eds in stacks. What location code do you assign in
these cases? 010101 for stacks, or 010103 for reference, or move from one to
another, or use notes with one or another?
In case of simple periodicals, when the latest issues are kept in Periodicals
reading Room and bound volumes go to the stacks, do you use 010106 in any
combination with other codes?
do you use free text summary holdings for bound vols.?
I would appreciate if you share with me your experience in dealing with these
procedures.
Thanks.

Kira Haimovsky
Head of Serials