Re: information please (Shixing Wen) Marcia Tuttle 17 Jun 1997 13:52 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 09:28:15 -0400
From: Wen, Shixing <swen@FGCU.EDU>
Subject: Re: information please (Jingping Zhang)

I first learned about RoweCom at its exhibit booth at ALA winter
conference. From what their sales rep articulated to me, it looks like
an interesting service. However, when I tried to download their software
(supposedly free) from their webpage, it appeared that there was nothing
at the download site. I called the company and their tech people
admitted there was problem for downloading and promised to put the
program software on their ftp server. He asked me to wait for an hour so
that he could move the file(s) from their web server to their ftp
server. (I don't know why it should take an hour to do so.) But he
didn't call me back as promised. So I am kind of skeptical of their
service now. That is, what they promise to you might not turn out true.

I did that in February and March, and have not tried it lately. (I gave
it up.) If someone has a different experience, please let us know.

Shixing Wen
Florida Gulf Coast University