Reimbursement of Travel Expenses (2 messages) Marcia Tuttle 31 Jul 1997 14:21 UTC

(1)

Date:         Thu, 31 Jul 1997 08:33:09 -0400
From: "Michelle (Collins) Flinchbaugh" <mflinchb@UMICH.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Reimbursement of Travel Expenses (Donna Sue Yanney)

>This question is slightly off the beaten path of serialst but in that
>most professional serialists are often at some time or other members
>of a search committee I beg your indulgence.  My question is : to what
>extent does your academic institution reimburse library job applicants
>for travel expenses incurred to and from the job interview.

The University of Michigan libraries reimburse fully for job interview
travel, including hotel and meals. My previous employer, the College of
William & Mary, also did so. I might add that I would not interview for a
position if all interview travel expenses weren't paid.

Michelle Flinchbaugh
----------

(2)

Date:         Thu, 31 Jul 1997 09:12:35 -0500
From: "Vera L. Finley" <vfinley@JAGUAR1.USOUTHAL.EDU>

Donna,

If a job applicant is coming from out of town the University pays for
travel, hotel (not to exceed two nights) and meals (no alcohol).  They
are met at the airport and are driven to all appointments, thus no local
transportation is required.  This is typical of all professional
interviews. I hope I've answered your question.

Vera

        Vera L. Finley
        Room 75 - Library               334-460-7026
        University of South Alabama     FAX: 334-460-7181
        Mobile, AL  36688               vfinley@jaguar1.usouthal.edu