Reply personally (Jeanette Skwor) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 10 Jul 1997 13:02 UTC

Date: Wed, 09 Jul 1997 17:10:51 -0500
From: Jeanette Skwor <SKWORJ@GBMS01.UWGB.EDU>
Subject: Reply personally

Is anyone else out there as troubled as I am about all the postings that
say, "Please reply to me personally" and then offering to summarize to the
list if interest calls for it?

I *am* interesting in claiming, in missing issues, costs and usage, in all
the various facets of what is, after all, my job, and if I'm not, it's a
simple matter to delete upon seeing subject lines.  Meanwhile it takes
extra time I don't have to respond to each person privately and say,
let me know, please.

It seems all we get, regularly, any more, are the job postings--which at
this point are the one thing I am *not* really interested in.

I would really be interested in hearing what everyone else thinks.  Respond
to Serialst and I'll let you all read the replies first-hand, too.  ;-)

Thanks--

Jeanette Skwor
Cofrin Library
University of Wisconsin-Green Bay