Re: Reply personally (6 messages) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 11 Jul 1997 14:25 UTC

6 messages:

1)_____

Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 14:22:39 +0500
From: mgodbout@HENRY.WELLS.EDU
Subject: Re: reply privately

I too agree with Jeannette.  I'm alone in the Serials Office and
I benefit a great deal from the postings.  My delete key also works
just fine.
Muriel Godbout
Serials
Wells College Library
Aurora, NY 13026
Tel: (315) 364-3355
Fax: (315) 364-3412

2)_____

Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 16:32:48 -0400
From: Isaac Washington <iwashing@CE1.AF.PUBLIC.LIB.GA.US>
Subject: Re: Reply personally (Jeanette Skwor)

Yes, yes, yes, Jeanette!  I am so interested in all the responses to
these questions even though most of them don't pertain to my daily work.
But I'm a newcomer on the list, so thought maybe there is some policy
about replying to the list that I don't know about.  It takes so little
effort to delete, and there is so much I could pick up from seeing the
whole discussion, not just the question.

Sherry Petry
Atlanta-FUlton Public Library

3)_____

Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 07:27:27 -0400
From: RennyLloyd@AOL.COM
Subject: Re: Reply personally

One aspect of replying to the list seems to have been missed, i.e., the
archiving of posted materials.  I may not be interested in / need to know
about some subject under current discussion, but 6 months down the road I
suddenly discover I have the same question which has already been discussed.
 Prior to / in addition to sending a query to the list, I have the option of
searching the archives.  If replies are not sent to the list, we have an
archives full of 'unanswered' questions!!

Renny Lloyd

4)_____

Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997
From: Saretta Burke <sburke@OWENS.CC.OH.US>

I agree.  Most of the things you all are asking are not of use to
me... I don't have the item, I have a different agent... for whatever
reason.  But when I am interested, I am _very_ interested.  And I
would to like to see all the comments.  Surveys are fine on some
things.. like what percentages of this or that do you have, but
nothing beats original comments. Thanx for reading my original
comment!

Saretta K. Burke
Owens Community College Library
POBox 10.000
Toledo, OH  43699=1947
voice: 419-661-7221
fax: 419-661-7590
e-mail: sburke@owens.cc.oh.us

5)_____

Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 08:58:21 -0400
From: Maria Isabel Trevisani Penso <itrevisa@PUC.CL>
Subject: Re: Reply personally (9 messages)

Jeannette: I also agree. The reasons why I subscribed to the list are
because serials are my job, and because I live in Chile. Almost all is
interesting. If not, I can trash the message. But many, many times I can
learn a lot, and sometimes I forward good experiences to my colleagues in
this country. Please, share all!

Saludos,

                                Isabel