Re: Separate serials cataloging units? (JoAnne Deeken) Marcia Tuttle 01 Aug 1997 18:41 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 14:26:53 -0400
From: JoAnne Deeken <djoanne@CLEMSON.EDU>
Subject: Re: Separate serials cataloging units? (Steve Murden)

Clemson has approximately the same no. of vols. as VCU, but appr. 1/2 of
the materials budget (and that's a subject I don't want  to raise right
now!)  We have 5 professional catalogers.  Granted that this is a gross
simplification, the duties are divided as:

1 unit head
1 monographic cataloger
1 serials cataloger
1 "special formats" cataloger
1 authority control/database maintenance cataloger

At 02:11 PM 8/1/97 -0400, you wrote:
> [...]
***

JoAnne Deeken
Head, Acquisitions Unit