Re: AIP/APS News Release Steve Black 29 Aug 1997 12:59 UTC

Congratulations, and thank you for sharing this information!

Our library, after a one-year use study, analysis of cost per use, review
of adherence to publication schedules, and consultation with affected
faculty, decided to cancel all but one of our subscriptions to Gordon &
Breach journals.  A significant contributing factor to this decision was
G&B's method of taking subscriptions as standing orders, so that the price
to be paid for the upcoming year is not known until well after the order
has been made.

On Thu, 28 Aug 1997, Karin Heineman wrote, in part:

>             AIP and APS Prevail In Suit By Gordon & Breach
>
> College Park, MD, August 28, 1997 ... The freedom to provide academic
> libraries with information about the cost of scholarly journals was upheld
> by a federal judge in New York in a decision issued on Tuesday, August 26.

Steve Black
Reference, Serials and Instruction Librarian
Neil Hellman Library
The College of Saint Rose
Albany, NY  12203                                  "Cogito eggo sum"
blacks@rosnet.strose.edu                     (I think, therefore I waffle)