comments & suggestions please (Andrew Leonhart) Marcia Tuttle 12 Aug 1997 16:39 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 09:17:24 -0500
From: Andrew Leonhart <aleonhar@MNU.EDU>
Subject: comments & suggestions please

Dear Serialsters:

I am fairly new at this job.  When I don't receive an issue of a journal I
file a claim with our vendor (Ebsco).  After a month or two, if I still
don't receive that issue I file another claim.

Looking back over my records I have found that after filing a claim, in a
percentage of the cases, I still never received the issue.

1)      Should I expect all the claims I file to result in receiving the issue?

2)      What is a fair percentage to expect?

3)      What can I do when I don't receive the issue?

Comments and suggestions appreciated.

Andrew