Re: comments & suggestions please Dani Lichtenberg 13 Aug 1997 18:37 UTC

I have a question about the statement, below:

Joe Edelen <jedelen@SUNFLOWR.USD.EDU> wrote:
> We do a 2nd claim on a 45 day lapse, but I am inclined to agree that 8
> weeks is more realistic and then maybe 8 more for a 3rd claim.  I also
> believe it is critically important that you reply to your vendor's 'Claim
> Response Report' (whatever it is called).  All the above is predicated on
> your using a vendor (Faxon, Ebsco, etc.).  If you do and if you 'follow
> the rules' I believe you should expect a 90-95% fill rate.  If not, change
> vendors.

Can you clarify a point for me?  Do you place 2nd and 3rd claims in
addition to replying via the monthly "claim checker" from the vendor?  Or
do use the "claim checker" in lieu of subsequent claims?

Thanks,
Dani Lichtenberg
p005386b@pb.seflin.org