Re: Spreadsheet applications for subscription duplication Keith Renwick 24 Sep 1997 07:38 UTC

Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 08:38:36 GMT
From: "Keith Renwick" <kdrenk@fs3.li.umist.ac.uk>

The idea of using a database to compare duplicated holdings in
various formats, etc. is a good one and Excel may well be the most
suitable form. Our experience of Access has been very good indeed. We
used it last year for a periodicals voting exercise and it has also
been used for stocktaking purposes with excellent results, roughly
four times faster than the previous manual method of operation.
Hope this is useful.

Keith D. Renwick,
Head of Technical Services & Administration,
UMIST Library & Information Service,
P.O.Box 88,
Manchester M60 1QD.
Tel : (44) 161-200 4940