Re: West Group titles (3 messages) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 12 Sep 1997 17:59 UTC

3 messages:

1)_____

Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 10:00:13 -0400
From: melinton@ALISON.SBC.EDU
Subject: Re: West Group titles (Kathi Jakubowski)

>Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 13:26:22 -0600 (CST)
>From: "Kathi L. Jakubowski" <klr@GML.LIB.UWM.EDU>
>Subject: West Group titles
>
>Over the last few months, things have gone haywire with our West
>Group accounts, everything from double billing to mystery account
>numbers.  Is anyone else having similar problems?
>
>Thank you for your assistance.

Yes. We had the same problem. West decided to bill us for the items our
Security Department takes. I had to make 3 or 4 phone calls to get them to
understand that just because the bill goes to the same zip code doesn't
mean they can lump all the bills for that zip code into one account number.
Very strange! But they have been sold twice in one year so its no wonder no
one there knows whats going on ...

Liz Linton
Serials Librarian/Web Developer
Sweet Briar College Library -- http://www.cochran.sbc.edu/frames.html

804-381-6315
melinton@alison.sbc.edu
Gifts of Speech: Women's Speeches

2)_____

Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 10:13:41 -0400
From: Pamela Bluh <pbluh@UMABNET.AB.UMD.EDU>

Yes, here at the University of Maryland Law Library we are experiencing
problems with West Group materials as well.  Items seem to appear without
having been ordered, response to inquiries is poor, and in general we are
unhappy with the way things have gone.  We've had one meeting with the
regional manager and one of our sales reps, but the outcome was less than
satisfactory, from my perspective.

Pamela Bluh
**********************

Pamela Bluh
Associate Director for Technical
Services & Administration
Thurgood Marshall Law Library
University of Maryland School of Law
20 North Paca Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
410-706-7400     FAX:410-706-8354
pbluh@umabnet.ab.umd.edu

3)_____

Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 10:54:05 -0400
From: Ann B Kolodzey <Ann.B.Kolodzey@LAW.WIDENER.EDU>

Our library has been doing fairly well with West since we asked that our
one huge account be split into two to be billed at different times in the
month.  The wait time for Customer Service is still too long, however.

We seem to be having more trouble with RIA group:  charges that don't
match payments already made, titles billed to the wrong campus (we have
two law libraries - Wilmington DE and Harrisburg PA), cancelled titles
still listed etc.

But...things change for the better and the worst almost daily.

Ann Kolodzey

Ann B. Kolodzey, Acquisitions/Serials Librarian
Widener University School of Law
Delaware Campus Library               tel:  302-477-2036
P.O. Box 7475                         fax:  302-477-2240
Wilmington, DE  19803               email:  ann.b.kolodzey@law.widener.edu