Re: Serials checkin automation in very big libraries (2 messages) Birdie MacLennan 22 Oct 1997 13:50 UTC

2 messages, 65 lines:

(1)-----------------------
Date:         Wed, 22 Oct 1997 13:49:11 +0000
From:         "r.tilly" <R.Tilly@UB.UNIMAAS.NL>
Subject:      Re: Serials checkin automation in very big libraries

LS,

Our library handles 5000 titles through tha automated systen supplied by
the PICA system.  We supplied the system with a prediction code for each
subscription and are claiming about 3800 subscribtions with our supplier
through e-mail. This worked pretty well. If you think that any information
might help you please let me know.

Yours,

Maastricht University
Roel Tilly
Universitylibrary
PO Box 616
6200 MD Maastricht, Netherlands
Email: R.Tilly@ub.unimaas.nl

(2)----------------------
Date:         Wed, 22 Oct 1997 08:53:11 -0400
From:         Maggie Rioux <mrioux@CORNELIA.WHOI.EDU>

You should also talk to the US National Library of Medicine.

Maggie Rioux
Information Systems Librarian
MBL/WHOI Library
Woods Hole, MA

Perhaps this is a very naive suggestion, but have you asked the Library of
Congress?

SUSAN STURGEON
SERIALS DEPARTMENT
SALEM STATE COLLEGE LIBRARY