Re: vol./year mistakes & bound vols. Karen Nadeski 30 Oct 1997 21:26 UTC

Andrew Leonhart <aleonhar@MNU.EDU> wrote:

> In a similar vein many journals run behind schedule.  "Peabody
> Journal of Education" 'solved' this problem by stating "v. 57 #4 1990
> (for 1992)", and then skipping ALL of 1991 and starting again with
> "v. 58 #1 1992".
>
> How do I reflect this on the spine if I have them bound?

Without seeing the actual issues, I would bind v. 57 as 1990 and v.
58 as 1992 and cover the publishing irregularities in a 515 note.

Karen Nadeski
knadeski@medusa.sbs.umass.edu
413-545-2384
FAX: 413-545-0996

"Veritas:  A word used in mottoes and inscriptions
in order to keep Latin in the curriculum."  (Richard Armour)