Re: Listowner Reflections: 7 Years of SERIALST (2 messages) Birdie MacLennan 31 Oct 1997 20:08 UTC

2 messages & more birthday cake:

(1)---------------------------
Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 1997 15:01:24 -0700
From:      "Jina C. Wakimoto" <jw20555@email.csun.edu>
Subject:   Re: Listowner Reflections: 7 Years of SERIALST

Birdie MacLennan wrote:
> I would like to take this opportunity to thank you, the body of
> subscribers who have contributed your thoughts, ideas and insights to the
> forum over the years, for giving SERIALST content and substance, for
> making it the useful, vital, and thought-provoking medium that it has
> become.

Yes, Thanks should go to all the contributors to SERIALST.  Most of all,
I'd like to thank our wonderful moderators for their years of
dedication.  As a relatively new subscriber (although not a novice, but
returning serials librarian), I have relied on SERIALST for issues,
concerns and challenges, new and old, that face me on a daily basis.

Again, my heartfelt thanks to Birdie, Ann and Marcia.

-- Jina
Jina C. Wakimoto, Library-8328, CSUN, Northridge, CA  91330-8328
818-677-2265 (voice) 818-677-4928 (fax)  jina.wakimoto@csun.edu

(2)-------------------------------
Date:         Fri, 31 Oct 1997 08:23:13 -0500
From:         Jeanette Skwor <SKWORJ@GBMS01.UWGB.EDU>

> I don't know if anyone else out there is sentimental about anniversaries,
> but I feel somewhat remiss in my role as listowner for not having informed
> you sooner that SERIALST recently passed its seven year anniversary mark.

***Happy Birthday, Serialst, and beaucoup thank you's to Birdie, Ann
and Marcia.  Don't know what we'd do without you, and hope we never have
to find out.

***A measure of your import, here, at least--I just finished updating our
department manual and added a page on Serialst, and a copy of the Scope,
Purpose, Interactive Commands as an addendum.  I can't see how any person
stepping into my job would not want/need that information, and I am going
to appreciate having it more available also.

> Long live freedom of information!

***Amen!

>                        () () () () () () ()
>                        || || || || || || ||