Re: Penny wise? e-journals as a means of saving money? Susan E. Sturgeon 21 Nov 1997 18:32 UTC

I don't know EXACTLY what you mean by E-journals, but if you mean
individual electronic titles put up by the publisher, not only do you
probably pay the same amount for the title but you have to have this
expensive piece of equipment called a computer to read it on. If you mean
an index of full-text titles, I have found that there can be a
considerable gap between the time a printed issues is published and when
it is available on the service full-text.  In spite of this, I am facing
the prospect of cancelling print titles and offering commercial document
delivery of those title on request.  Ain't technology grand!!

SUSAN STURGEON
SERIALS DEPARTMENT
SALEM STATE COLLEGE LIBRARY
352 LAFAYETTE ST.