Thanks re: Temporary Binding (Teresa Weisser) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 13 Nov 1997 19:35 UTC

Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 13:45:34 +0000
From: Teresa Weisser <weissert@LAFVAX.LAFAYETTE.EDU>
Subject: Thanks Re: Temporary Binding

     Thanks to all who responded to my inquiry regarding temporary binding
equipment.  Several people asked that I summarize the answers which I
received for the list so here is what I learned.  Three of the five
systems:  Fastback Binding Machine made by Powis Parker (product
information available at http://www.powis.com/model15.html), Bind-It (150
Commerce Drive, Hauppauge, NY 11788 1-800-645-5110) and General Binding
Corporation's 2000XT (1 GBC Plaza, Northbrook Illinois 60062).  One
additional respondent uses the Brodart 810 Binding system which secures the
issues within the binding with nylon pins.  Finally, another institution
uses the Rank Xerox Channel Binding system to bind student theses and
dissertations.  These volumes are bound with a metal spine which is
squeezed together using a machine.
     Thanks again.

Teresa A. Weisser
Serials Librarian