Re : American Chemical Society journals Fiona Tipple 17 Nov 1997 11:14 UTC

Dear Serialsters,
Below are excerpts from  correspondence with our subscription agents
concerning ongoing problems with American Chemical Society
publications.

>No more news from American Chemical Society I am afraid. I had hoped to
>get some more response from the publisher. We were told vis-a-vis one sub.
>(Biochemistry) that all issues being sent/none returned....
>As well as other Dublin customers (including one who orders his
>ACS subs via another agent), other customers in Cork and Galway have
>also had the same problems since June/July 1997. All very frustrating.

As of today, 17 November, we are missing substantial numbers of
1997 issues from no fewer than 18 ACS journals; as you can see, other
Irish libraries are also experiencing difficulties, and these
problems are agent-independent.  I wonder, are US libraries
experiencing similar problems?  ACS, of course, are disclaiming any
responsibility...

Any advice as to how we could escalate this problem would be very
welcome.

Fiona Tipple,
Sub Librarian, Acquisitions,
Main Library, University College Dublin,
Belfield, Dublin 4
Ireland.   Tel: (353-1-)706 7575; FAX: (353-1-)706 1148
E-mail: Fiona.Tipple@ucd.ie