Re: "Postal problems" (Caitlin Downing) Marcia Tuttle 07 Jan 1998 21:31 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 13:15:48 -0800
From: Caitlin Downing <cdowning@LOGOS.SANTAROSA.EDU>
Subject: Re: "Postal problems" (Diane Lewis)

Dear Friends:

I posted the message regarding quality control problems at the post office.

I agree wholeheartedly with Diane Lewis that a postal employee's
job is not an easy one.  I also have friends who work for the post-office
They have described a working environment that is a horror of cacophony
and back-breaking demands.  I have alot of respect for postal workers
and in no way want to go on record as saying that our postal system is
not adequate.  I agree that our postal service is one of the best in the
world.
I merely wanted to suggest that, no doubt due to a larger population
and an increase in junk mail, errors are likely to occur and do.
When problems are very intermittent and cannot be traced to any other
reason, it is possible that the mail has gone astray.

Caitlin Downing
Santa Rosa Jr. College
cdowning@logos.santarosa.edu