Re: Dealing with Full-text + Print Periodical in the Online Catalog(Mary Oswalt) Marcia Tuttle 08 Jan 1998 21:41 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 09:18:20 -0700
From: Mary Oswalt <moswalt@LIBRIS.CI.WESTMINSTER.CO.US>
To: SEREDIT@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Re: Dealing with Full-text + Print Periodical in the Online Catalog(Sallie J. Alger)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 08:42:12 -0500
From: Sallie J. Alger <alger@ANDREWS.EDU>
Subject: Dealing with Full-text + Print Periodical in the Online Catalog

Good-morning everyone!

I have a question that I need some help dealing with... How are you all
out there letting your library patrons know which/what periodicals you
have in what format on your online systems. In other words, how does
this display to your patrons. With the potential mix of print, full-text
online, and strictly e-journals we are struggling in our library with
how best to let our patrons know which are which with the least amount
of confusion--especially how to display titles where there is overlap
with print and full-text online...

Response:

        At the Westminster Public Library in Colorado, we will shortly begin
using the Dynix serials module to check in and track all of our serials.
It displays a separate paragraph for each format of a given title,
showing branch, call number (if any), and any other information patrons
might need to locate the actual items in the library.

Mary Oswalt
Technical Services Coordinator
Westminster Public Library
Westminster, CO