Re: People en Espanol? (4 messages) Birdie MacLennan 02 Feb 1998 20:16 UTC

4 messages, 72 lines:

(1)------------------------
Date:         Mon, 2 Feb 1998 14:26:26 EST
Comments:     Resent-From: Marsha Clark <MSCBH@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU>
Comments:     Originally-From: BOB_BRONZO@time-inc.com
From:         Marsha Clark <MSCBH@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU>
Subject:      Re: People en Espanol?

On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Dani Lichtenberg wrote:
> I am trying to find out if there is such a publication as People en
> Espanol- a spanish language version of the ever-popular, People Weekly.
> I have tried Ulrich's and the Standard Periodicals Directory to no avail.
> Does anyone have any information about this one?

In what way...?  Yes, of course there is People en Espanol... I work on it!
It is published by Time Inc., 1271 Avenue of the Americas, New York, New
York 10020-1393.  Its Publisher is Lisa Quiroz; its Editor is Angelo
Figueroa.  It's published 10x a year (monthly, except bimonthly in
June/July and December/January).  Subscriptions are $ 14.97 per year U.S.
and Canada.  The Customer Service/Subscription query line is (800)
950-8100,

(2)-----------------------
Date:         Mon, 2 Feb 1998 09:31:30 -0900
From:         Freya Anderson <anfna@UAA.ALASKA.EDU>

Dani-
I have read about People en Espanol.  I saw an advertisement for it about
three weeks ago.  I don't know how to find it, other than the methods
you've already tried, but hopefully it will be encouraging to know it's
out there!  (one thought on finding it: you might try searching for it on
the web.  They may have a web page with subscription information).

Freya Anderson                          anfna@uaa.alaska.edu
Serials Clerk                           phone:(907)786-4627
University of Alaska Anchorage          fax:  (907)786-6050
Consortium Library

******It's cliche, but make that lemonade anyway.*****

(3)------------------------
Date:         Mon, 2 Feb 1998 10:27:43 -0800
From:         Carol Morse <MorsCa@WWC.EDU>

Yes, I just saw one that someone had mailed from California to a friend.
I believe it's a monthly, since the cover had a month date on it, not a
month/day/year date.  Carol Morse

Carol Morse                                    Phone: 509:527-2684
Serials Librarian                              Fax::  509) 527-2001
Walla Walla College Library            Email:  morsca@wwc.edu
204 S. College Ave.
College Place, WA  99324

Grant us strength for the journey and wisdom to know the way.

Date:         Mon, 2 Feb 1998 12:48:56 -0500
From:         Cynthia Santos <CSANTOS@STMARYTX.EDU>

There is People Magazine in Espanol.  . H.E. B B's carried it. It is
different from the people magazine in English. I might have one although I
think the address is different.

    Cynthia Santos <CSANTOS@STMARYTX.EDU>