Re: Title within a title (Beth Guay) Stephen Clark 26 Feb 1998 15:32 UTC

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 10:05:38 -0500
From: Beth Guay <bg53@UMAIL.UMD.EDU>
Subject: Re: Title within a title

Rose,
See oclc #s 32189317 and 2251750. For the former substitute "500
Bound with: News photographer." with "580  Issued with: News photographer."
Substitute the 787 with a 777 and add a "730 News photographer."
For the latter, add a "580 Vols. for 1994-   issued with: Visual
communication quarterly"; and add a 777 link for Visual communication
quarterly. That's what I did when I edited the records way back when.
This is an example which I kept  for my records, and my guidance came
from the CEG, but in no way is this an official proscription of
procedure; (I don't have time to review everything I did at that time).

P.S. If you don't want or need separate records, you can add a 525
supplement note with a 740 for the section title.
Cheers,
Beth

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998 15:47:58 -0900 Rose Welton
<rosew@MUSKOX.ALASKA.EDU> wrote:

> I need some help describing a title within a title. Within the title:
> Petroleum news Alaska, there is a section C titled: Mining news Alaska.
> It has its own numbering, with the first issue Vol. 1, no. 1 (July 28-Aug.,
> 1997). Is this a host parent relationship? What indexed field
> do I put in the P.N.A. record so the Mining news Alaska title is
> searchable?
>
> Thank you for your help,
> Rose Welton
> Rose Welton                     Phone:  907-465-2940
> Alaska State Library            Fax:    907-465-2990
> P.O. Box 110571                 E-Mail: rosew@muskox.alaska.edu
> Juneau, AK 99811-0571           http://www.educ.state.ak.us/lam/library.html

Beth Guay
Serials Cataloging Unit