Re: SERIALS TOOLS WAS: Re: Defining serials (2 messages) Birdie MacLennan 11 Feb 1998 15:50 UTC

2 messages, 76 lines:

(1)----------------------------
 Date:         Tue, 10 Feb 1998 17:16:33 -0800
 From:         Crystal Graham <cgraham@GORT.UCSD.EDU>
 Subject:      Re: SERIALS TOOLS WAS: Re: Defining serials

 Note that there is a new edition of the Serials Cataloging Handbook.

 Serials Cataloging Handbook : an illustrative guide to the use of AACR2R
 and LC Rule Interpretations.  2nd ed. / Carol Liheng and Winnie S. Chan.
 Chicago: ALA, 1998.  416 p.
 $75 pbk.; ALA members $67.50
 ISBN 0838907326
 ALA order #0732-6-2053

 My copy has not yet arrived, but since I had the order info. right in
 front of me, I thought I should forward the new, improved info.

 Crystal Graham
 University of California, San Diego
 <cgraham@GORT.UCSD.EDU>

(2)---------------------------
 Date:         Wed, 11 Feb 1998 10:16:33 EST
 From:         Birdie MacLennan <bmaclenn@zoo.uvm.edu>

Crystal's message, following Mitch's posting yesterday, of relevant serial
sources, reminds me that the second edition of _Notes for Serials
Cataloging_ is already out.  I picked up a copy at midwinter for our
library and folks around here are already making good use of it.

Here's some additional bibliographic info :

   Notes for serials cataloging /  Beverley Geer and Beatrice L.
Caraway ; foreword by Regina Romano Reynolds -- 2nd ed. -- Englewood,
Colo. : Libraries Unlimited, 1998.
   xvi, 168 p. ;  c 25 cm.
   Rev. ed. of: Notes for serials cataloging / Nancy G. Thomas and Rosanna
O'Neill. 1st  ed. 1986.
   Includes bibliographical references (p. 161-163) and index.
ISBN:      156308449X
OCoLC:     37480736

Ciao,

        Birdie MacLennan
        Coordinator, Serials & Cataloging
        University of Vermont
        bmaclenn@zoo.uvm.edu

-------
On Tue, 10 Feb 1998, Mitch Turitz wrote:

> > TO: The Editors of Serialst and Autocat:
> >   I thought this list of serials tools might be useful if you would please
> > post it.
> > -- Mitch

 <snip>

> > >On Thu, 5 Feb 1998, Mitch Turitz wrote:

<snip, other sources deleted because they were posted to the list
yesterday !)

>  SERIALS CATATALOGING HANDBOOK by Carol. L. H. Leong.  Chicago,
>  American Library Association, 1989.  ISBN 0-8389-0501-3
>
>  NOTES FOR SERIALS CATALOGING by Nancy Thomas and Rosanna O'Neil.
>  Littleton, CO, Libraries Unlimited 1986 ISBN: 0-87287-535-0
>  (new edition about to come out by Beverly Geer)

<snip>