Re: Formula usage for fund distribution (2 messages) Birdie MacLennan 12 Feb 1998 18:24 UTC

2 messages, 58 lines:

(1)---------------------------
Date:         Thu, 12 Feb 1998 10:42:21 -0500
From:         "Susan E. Sturgeon" <ssturgeo@SALEM.MASS.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Formula usage for fund distribution

Luckily, our Institutional Research Office has made available a great deal
of institutional information, including the number of sections offered in
each department.  We decided that this was the fairest measure because if
we used # of majors, a few support departments would have been left out of
the formula.  We also factored in the average price of a book in each
discipline.  So far, this seems to have met with everyone's approval.  The
most crucial thing, in my opinion, is that all departments see the formula
as fair.

SUSAN STURGEON
SERIALS DEPARTMENT
SALEM STATE COLLEGE LIBRARY
352 LAFAYETTE ST.
SALEM MA 01970
NEW E-mail address:susan.sturgeon@salem.mass.edu

Date:         Thu, 12 Feb 1998 10:44:56 -0500
From:         "Susan E. Sturgeon" <ssturgeo@SALEM.MASS.EDU>

I'm sorry to have misread your request.  I read books instead of serials,
but I don't really see why the same formula couldn't be adapted, with,
perhaps, a chunk held for a "general" or cross-disciplinary category.