Re: Acquisitions and receipt question Janet McKinney 23 Feb 1998 14:43 UTC

One thing you should consider is whether there is the possibility that
you'll ever be audited.  Auditors do not like the same person to order and
to receive; it's a checks-and-balances thing.  It gets even more complicated
when you add in invoice authorization-to-pay since auditors also do not like
the same person who orders to OK the payment of the invoice.  However, it's
very difficult to separate these tasks unless you have a large staff.

Janet McKinney
Acquisitions/Serials Librarian
Leon E. Bloch Law Library
University of Missouri-Kansas City