(Fwd) RE: Journal need survey (Marilyn Haskell) Birdie MacLennan 23 Feb 1998 20:46 UTC

 Date:         Tue, 17 Feb 1998 10:21:22 -0500
 From:         "Haskell, Marilyn M." <mhaskell@msmailgw.sdsmt.edu>
 Subject:      RE: Journal need survey

When budget limits our orders, we use cost + use and then number of journals
in that discipline as well as size of the department.  We compile the list
of possible cuts and send it out to professors.  They all will tell you they
can not do with out whatever your are cutting, but the best is give them
alternatives - this journal or that one.  Our journals do not circulate but
we use a barcode and keep track of usage with that.  If a journal shows no
usage or only one or two in a year, it is hard to justify keeping it.

Marilyn M. Haskell
mhaskell@silver.sdsmt.edu