Illness, crisis & loss (Jeff Steely) Marcia Tuttle 29 Apr 1998 15:25 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 09:37:21 -0500
From: Jeff Steely <Jeffrey_Steely@baylor.edu>
Subject: Illness, crisis & loss

Colleagues,

This title makes me ill.  I wouldn't say that is has created a crisis, but I am at a loss over what to do.

Previously published as _Illness, crises, & loss_ by Charles Press, this title is now called _Illness, crisis & loss_ by its new pub, Sage.  The record in OCLC was changed on 10 Apr 98 and now includes a note about the new publisher.  There is not, however, even a 246 to indicate the "new" title.

It seems to me that since the change is in the first five words and does affect access, it should be considered a(n absolutely ridiculous) title change and therefore a new record should be created.  Am I missing something?  I would appreciate any enlightenment which any of you more seasoned serialists can provide.

Thanks,
Jeff Steely
Baylor Libraries: Serials
PO Box 97151