Dispatching of Elsevier journals (Simone Jerome) Marcia Tuttle 26 May 1998 13:15 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 10:20:28 +0200
From: Simone JEROME <sjerome@ULG.AC.BE>
Subject: Dispatching of Elsevier journals

Thank you very much to all of you who replied to my mail about
Elsevier's delay in publication. Paula Shanks noted from the
Elsevier homepage that theoretically 3 issues of SPECTROCHIMICA
ACTA B were already mailed but nobody seemed to have received them.

What do serial people appreciate a publisher who requires prepayments
of NLG 6592 and NLG 42000 and who five months later has not yet
delivered the slightest bit of information and has not at all
apologize for it ? Do you imagine a car dealer taking your money
for a model which is not yet on the assembly line ?

I think that every conscious librarian should write to Elsevier
to complain of such an unacceptable situation.

Best regards,

Simone JEROME, Librarian
University of Liege
Institute of chemistry B6