Re: adding the 780 with no piece in hand... (Karen Nadeski) Marcia Tuttle 26 May 1998 13:20 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 18:09:50 -0500
From: Karen Nadeski <knadeski@MEDUSA.SBS.UMASS.EDU>
Subject: Re: adding the 780 with no piece in hand... (Charlene N Simser)

I would use the second 780.  There are times the only place the previous title
can be found is in the piece in hand, so I'd use the information there.  It can
always be corrected later, but that's all you know at point of cataloging.

It's not really surprising that you can find no record in OCLC.  It doesn't
sound like a title too many libraries would have and of those that do, some
might not consider it important enough to catalog, especially if it's a current
awareness tool.

Karen Nadeski

Karen Nadeski
knadeski@psych.umass.edu