New Periodicals Librarian... (3 messages) Marcia Tuttle 27 May 1998 14:17 UTC

-----(1)

Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 12:22:22 -0500
From: Janice Sayers <jsayers@SAGE.UND.NODAK.EDU>
Subject: Re: New Periodicals Librarian seeking vendor info. (Kris Nandory)

        I also use EBSCO and can not recommend them.  I end up calling
publishers (thanks for 800 numbers), then calling EBSCO to let them know
what the problem is.  I really think this is EBSCO's job.

Grand Forks Public Library                      Serials Librarian
2110 Library Circle
Grand Forks,  ND   58201-6324

-----(2)
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 16:47:44 -0700
From: Carol Morse <MorsCa@WWC.EDU>
Subject: Re: New Periodicals Librarian Seeking... (Vicki Combs)

I have had good service from Ebsco. We just switched over to them from
another vendor, which was less than satisfactory. They really made the
transition as smooth as possible. As far as receiving journals with
address variations, duplicates, etc., that is the publisher's fault, not
Ebsco's. We routinely photocopy the address labels of the two dups and fax
the sheets to Ebsco every week or two, and they contact the publisher.
Sometimes the publishers respond, after some time, and sometimes not. But
that just gives is more issues to share on Backserv!.

Carol Morse

Carol Morse                                    Phone: 509:527-2684
Serials Librarian                              Fax::  509) 527-2001
Walla Walla College Library            Email:  morsca@wwc.edu
105 S.W. Adams St.
College Place, WA  99324-1195

Grant us strength for the journey and wisdom to know the way.

-----(3)

Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 08:10:51 -0500
From: Judy Stephenson <stepjudy@NS1.KTC.COM>

Schreiner College, Logan Library, also uses EBSCO as subscription
server...no complaints!!!