Microfilm Splicing (C.D. Thompson) Stephen Clark 03 Jun 1998 18:36 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 09:27:36 -0700
From: "C. D. Thompson" <cathompson@UPS.EDU>
Subject: Microfilm Splicing

Greetings,

Our library is considering condensing roles of microfilm by splicing
several volumes/years together onto one reel. The idea is to utilize less
cabinet space and floor space. Has any library done such a project before?

We would be interested in any information you can provide. Any tips on how
to do this? I am particularly interested in your opinions on whether this
is a worth while project or not.

If anyone is interested, I will summarize responses for the list.

Thank You,
Carmel Thompson
cathompson@ups.edu
University of Puget Sound